Personal information refers to any information that identifies You or specifically relates to You.
We collect personal information from You when You are using the Website or the System (for example, your email address, telephone number and address).
A legal entity (like a company) may also have personal information that We collect (for example, personal information like the names of the representatives).
If You provide the personal information of a person that you represent, in that case, You warrant that the person you represent is aware that they are sharing their personal information with the Us and that the person has consented to it.
We collect personal information to:
- Communicate with You and carry out instructions and requests;
- Respond to Your enquiries and complaints;
- Carry out or enforce any Agreement We have with You;
- Market services to You (You can always request Us to stop sending marketing communications to You);
- Comply with Our record-keeping obligations;
- Conduct market and behavioral research;
- Comply with Our legal obligations;
and for any other related purposes.
By using the Website or the System, You acknowledge the supply of personal information by You is voluntary.
If You do not provide Us with the personal information that We require, We cannot provide any service to You.
We collect personal information from the following sources:
- directly from You;
- from public sources (such as company registers, online search engines, deed registries, public posts on social media);
- from Your access and use of the Website or the System; and
- from third parties that the We interact with to conduct Our business (such as partners, regulators and government departments or service providers).
We keep Your personal information for as long as:
- the law requires Us to keep it;
- a contract between Us requires Us to keep it;
- You have provided Us consent to keep it;
- We require it for statistical or research purposes; or
- We require it for lawful business purposes.
We may keep Your personal information even if You no longer have a relationship with Us or request Us to delete or destroy it (if the law permits or requires).
We will do Our best to protect your personal information, and we will use technology that will help do this.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, and We cannot guarantee the security of the information You transmit to Our Website or System. Due to this reason, the transmission of Your information to Our Website or System is at your own risk.
Once We have received Your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
We may disclose or transfer your personal information to our agencies for marketing purposes.
It may be necessary for Us to disclose or transfer your personal information to suppliers, affiliates, partners, or agents to provide You with our services.
We will need to disclose your personal information to our employees who require it to do their jobs. We make sure they are aware of and take their confidentiality obligations seriously. They are contractually bound to keep all confidential information confidential.
There may be situations where the law requires us to disclose Your personal information.
In other situations, We will not disclose Your personal information without notifying You and enabling you to object.
You undertake and warrant that You will obtain the relevant consents required under the law. You also indemnify Us from any claim that may arise due to Us processing the personal information of a third party You submitted.
You may change the personal information that You provided Us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may object on reasonable grounds to the processing of Your personal information where the objection is to protect a legitimate interest.
You must inform Us of Your objection in the prescribed manner.
We will not be able to give effect to Your objection if:
- the processing of the personal information was and is permitted by law;
- You provided consent to the processing, and the processing was conducted in line with the consent; or
- the processing is necessary to perform under a contract with You.
Where You have provided consent for processing information, You may withdraw Your consent.
If You withdraw Your consent, We may not be able to provide Our Services to You.
You have the right to file a complaint with the Information Regulator about an alleged infringement of the protection of Your personal information.
The contact details of the Information Regulator are provided below.
JD House, 27 Stiemens Street
P.O Box 31533
Tel no. +27 (0)10 023 5200